You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

swegman

Friday, June 18th 2004, 11:50am

The irrigation company came back to the house and tried switching heads, without success. This weekend, I will try to design a circuit that turns off the HVAC systems when the irrigation system is running. I believe I can tap into the aux. pump control output on the irrigation controller. According to the irrigation company, this output is normally used to control a well pump relay, and it becomes active (on) when the irrigation system is operating. I can design a circuit that senses the signal at this output and disables the HVAC units. The irrigation company says the controller can have 4 different programs, so they can divide the zones, having 5 zones water on, for example, Mon., Wed. and Fri., and 6 zones on Tues., Thurs. and Sat. Then, they say it can be further divided so that, for example, zones 1-3 start at 2 am and operate for 1 hour, then the HVAC systems operate at 3 am to re-cool the house (in the event it warmed up), and the remaining zones start at 4 am.

We shall see how well this works.

Steve

Rate this thread