You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

howserss

Sunday, September 9th 2012, 5:05pm

Setting Pressure tank on Jet Pump

If my output line pressure guage reads 0 PSI and it is right after the pressure tank can I set the tank to its correct pressure? I turned the system off and manually opened a valve to relieve the pressure. I just wanted to make sure the pressure is set correctly after my irrigation system was installed. Plus I changed the pressure switch to 35-55 so it would not cycle on a zone that was a little higher pressure. I guess if the cut in PSI is 35 now does that mean the empty tank PSI should be about 32-33 PSI.

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Sunday, September 9th 2012, 7:32pm

If your gauge reads zero when you know there is pressure, you get a new gauge.

howserss

Sunday, September 9th 2012, 8:59pm

I dont think you understood what I was trying to say. When I check the pressure at the shrader valve of the air tank I just want to make sure it is drained of all water first. The way I do this is to make sure the guage in my 1 inch out pipe says 0. I drained all the water out of the system from one of the valves by manually removing the threaded screw from the top.

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Sunday, September 9th 2012, 9:12pm

You make sure a tank is drained of all water by draining it of all water and not by anything else. If the pressure tank "control tee" doesn't have a drain valve on it, consider installing one.

Rate this thread