You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.


New Member


Saturday, September 8th 2012, 10:35am

Help identifying part

Let me start by saying my knowledge of sprinkler systems is very low. I have an old house with an old sprinkler system that feeds off of a well. It's an AO Smith motor attached to a Homart pump (circa 1953?). The system feeds water to a device that is round, and has 3 PVC pipes attached to the bottom (representing my 3 zones). Each time the power to the motor is started, water flows to one zone. Then after the power is stopped and started again, this round device switches to the next zone. This round device does not have any electrical wires to it, the zone switching seems to be activated by the starting and stopping of the water. Any idea on what this device is? I assume it's some type of manifold, but all the information I see online are electrically powered.



Supreme Member

Posts: 5,218

Location: Metro NYC


Saturday, September 8th 2012, 11:59am

You have an Indexing Valve


New Member


Saturday, September 8th 2012, 12:23pm


Awesome, thanks for help!!

Rate this thread