You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.



Saturday, April 30th 2011, 12:15am

FE765-075 - Febco 3/4 inch PVB Assembly "gas fittings" instead of "air fittings"

I purchased a FE765-075 - Febco 3/4 inch PVB Assembly and just got around to installing it last month. My question is as follows:

Why did Febco install "gas fittings" on the two relief valves on the side of the unit? When I had an older model it had normal "air fittings" that I could hook my compressor hose to in order to blow out the system.

I cannot find any gas fittings that will connect to both the Febco unit and my air compressor hose to accomplish the task.

No one at Lowes or Home Depot really have provided me with any insight to the reason for the "gas fittings." At first, I just thought it was a mistake, but I noticed the Febco units have the same fittings at Home Depot.

Thanks, Brad


Supreme Member

Posts: 5,292

Location: Metro NYC


Saturday, April 30th 2011, 8:57am

You are looking at 1/4-inch male flare ends, which are designed for quick hookup to backflow testing devices. That is considered far more important than continuing the use of the older pipe-thread style. You will have to make up your own adapter for winterizing.




Monday, October 24th 2011, 5:53pm


Did you ever figure out how to install a compressor to your Febco in order to blow out the sprinkler system? I having the same problem.


Supreme Member

Posts: 493

Location: Seattle


Monday, October 24th 2011, 10:51pm

It's best to have a quick coupler downstream of the back flow assembly.
And pushing air through a back flow assembly is not recommended.

However if you need to. you can unscrew the the test cock off the back flow assembly.. At work I just use put a test cock that doesn't have the built in adapter but for you just pick up a 1/8th threaded brass nipple and a bushing up to 1/4" ( probably a female coupling bushing )

Rate this thread