You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

micromos

Starting Member

Friday, May 28th 2010, 7:25am

Bonnet leak

I just turned on the water to my system and water leaks from underneath the bonnet. Last year my sprinkler company charged me $100 to fix it. They were here 15 minutes. They replaced the "poppet in the bonnet". The part looked like a plastic ring of sorts. Is this something a low tech guy like me can fix easily? :(

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Saturday, May 29th 2010, 9:29am

I bet you have a Febco pressure vacuum breaker, and that broken bonnet is a common problem, that is actually a symptom of another problem, namely that of water getting into the device during the winter. Get rid of the winter-water and you don't have to keep having this repaired. That little bit of broken plastic is very pricey, and a hundred dollars for the repair is actually quite reasonable.

Rate this thread