You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

NewYorker7777

Starting Member

Wednesday, November 14th 2018, 5:29pm

Rainbird ESP 16-LX Plus Controller can't switch between stations 1-8 and 9-16

Thank you all for creating and maintaining this forum in an attempt to help out those of us far from the industry.

My Rainbird ESP L16-LX Plus controller has a toggle switch that allows me to switch between stations 1-8 and 9-16 when setting the timing for my individual stations. While the actual plastic switch will move between stations 1-8 and 9-16 it doesn't change on the screen when I toggle back and forth from 1-8 and 9-16. As such I can't change the timing on stations 9-16. Sometimes the screen will flicker for a second to station 9 but then immediately revert back to station 1, giving me just enough hope.

Please tell me if you have any thoughts on what I can do. Thank you.

mrfixit

Wednesday, November 14th 2018, 8:03pm

Older Rainbird timers are famous for flickering on the wrong setting.

Try tapping on the panel.

Also try moving the switch from the bottom with a screwdriver. Maybe holding it to the left while you program.

Once it's programmed it should work.

If you can't get it working, It's time to replace it.

You could try a factory reset but I doubt that'll do it.

Make sure the grey ribbon connecting the faceplate to the circuit board isn't loose. Open the panel and push on it.

Rate this thread