You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Friday, October 12th 2018, 10:42pm

Limit on irrigation main line length?

HI,

Im hoping to install an irrigation system on my front lawn in the near future. Im wanting to bypass running irrigation lines under my driveway simply because of the work involved and time, and was wondering if y'all see a problem running the main line through the back yard to reach the other side of my lawn. From my calculations I have 11GPM @ 58PSI. If I ran the mainline around would I lose water pressure to the heads? I know of a few homes in my city that have irrigation in both front and back yard, but I wanted to ask here to make sure.

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Saturday, October 13th 2018, 6:29am

Lots of systems wrap pipe(s) the long way around, through the back yard, to reach the far side of the driveway. You simply have to allow for the additional pressure loss for the longer pipe runs.

Saturday, October 13th 2018, 8:58am

Thanks!

Rate this thread