You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Etcher6

Thursday, October 4th 2018, 9:03am

Pop-up/pressure problem

Just moved into a house that has a zone with 7 pop-up nozzles. When that zone turns on, water just bubbles out of each nozzle failing to raise the nozzle to full height. Here's the dilemma.... I turned off each nozzle in that zone (with a screwdriver) and then they all popped up. I allowed that zone to remain "on" for approximately 35 minutes. I walked the area where the valve feds the line to the first head and found no apparent water leak. I then proceeded to reopen each nozzle starting from the one farthest from the valve. As I opened each nozzle, I had full spray out of each one, that continued once they were all opened. Hooray!! I thought the problem solved itself. I noticed one nozzle wasn't spaying fully so I shut that zone down and replaced that particular nozzle. When I restarted the zone, I had the same problem with the water flow as I originally had. I do have trees in my backyard so I was thinking maybe a pinched line. However, if it was a pinched line, I would have suspected that shortly after all the nozzles started spraying full force, the pressure out of each would have been greatly reduced as the water flow through the line would have diminished at the point of the pinch. Valve diaphragm? Any thoughts/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

mrfixit

Thursday, October 4th 2018, 1:29pm

It sounds like the seals on the sprinklers are worn out. Replace the sprinklers or the seals and see if that fixes you up.

Etcher6

Thursday, October 4th 2018, 1:39pm

Thanks!! Are you referring to the wiper seal surrounding the riser?

mrfixit

Thursday, October 4th 2018, 2:37pm

Yep. I'm surprise you know what it's called. =)

Rate this thread