You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Thursday, August 9th 2018, 2:08pm

Greenlee 24B question

I am trying to locate my sprinkler valves, and purchased a Greenlee 24B to assist based on the chatter feature. When I use this device in solenoid activate mode, it indicates that the solenoid is good on the LED, but the sprinklers do not activate. My understanding is that this device should activate the solenoid, and if the water was on, the sprinklers would activate. Since this isn't happening, I'm concerned I won't have any luck chattering the solenoid to locate it either. Is there something I'm doing wrong that the sprinklers aren't turning on when I try to activate the valve with the Greenlee? The valve in question works fine from the controller.

mrfixit

Thursday, August 9th 2018, 2:35pm

Did you try this from the manual

Solenoid Activate & Test
Activating solenoid at the clock
1. To activate solenoids from the clock, turn the clock
off and switch the 24B to OFF mode.
2. Connect the 24B by attaching one lead to the station
wire and the other lead to the common.
3. Switch to SOLENOID ACTIVATE mode

5. The 24B must be switched to the OFF mode to reset
the unit after the solenoid is activated."

Thursday, August 9th 2018, 2:43pm

As best I could tell I followed the procedure outlined in the manual. The manual is a little poorly written. Essentially this is what I did:
1. Connected one lead to the common wire at the controller
2. Connected the other lead to the zone wire
3. switched to solenoid activate mode
4. the light indicates the solenoid is good, but the zone does not turn on

Rate this thread