You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Pop's

Starting Member

Saturday, July 28th 2018, 11:30am

Hunter Pro C Reprograms itself

Hey guys this is my first post and I really appreciate any help y'all can provide. :-)

I have a Hunter Pro C controller that was installed in 2005 with 15 zones. It has worked well and has never been a problem. Just recently it has started "Programming Itself." By that I mean it randomly waters a single station at any time and duration it wants to. When I immediately check the program I find it has been modified. I have even done the "System Reset" and reprogrammed the unit, but the problem still occurs. My wife assures me she is not having a little fun by messing with me. :-) If I turn the system off, the problem does not occur. It sure is a pain to manually control the controller to be safe and not waste precious water.

Has anybody had a similar problem, or any ideas what the problem might be? My next step is to replace the electronic part of the controller.

Thanks for the help!!!!

:-) :-) :-) :-)

Pop's

mrfixit

Saturday, July 28th 2018, 11:38am

Is it reprogramming itself to run 7 days a week for 10 minutes?
If the back up battery is dead and there's a power outage the program resets. There could be an intermittent problem with the outlet or the transformer. Is the transformer coming unplugged?
Actually, check to see if the ribbon is plugged in all the way on the back of the faceplate. Open it up, it has two plugs. I had one just two weeks ago where the number 5 station was turning on and off all day. Was just a loose ribbon.

Wednesday, August 1st 2018, 12:51pm

Hey guys this is my first post and I really appreciate any help y'all can provide. :-)

I have a Hunter Pro C controller that was installed in 2005 with 15 zones. It has worked well and has never been a problem. Just recently it has started "Programming Itself." By that I mean it randomly waters a single station at any time and duration it wants to. When I immediately check the program I find it has been modified. I have even done the "System Reset" and reprogrammed the unit, but the problem still occurs. My wife assures me she is not having a little fun by messing with me. :-) If I turn the system off, the problem does not occur. It sure is a pain to manually control the controller to be safe and not waste precious water.

Has anybody had a similar problem, or any ideas what the problem might be? My next step is to replace the electronic part of the controller.

Thanks for the help!!!!

:-) :-) :-) :-)

Pop's

This is a problem with the older Hunter Pro-C’s. If you have tried hard resetting it, and the power hasn’t gone out, then it’s the controller going bad. I’ve had the same issue with customer pro c Controllers this year that are older.