You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Sunday, July 15th 2018, 8:31am

Short radius I20 vs PGJ

I'm in the process of designing my irrigation system. In total it is about 13,000 sqft, with the bulk of the radius for the sprinklers being being 18-30 feet.
With my goal being long-term reliability, should I go with I20's over the PGJs, or make it easier (and cheaper) on myself and go with the PGJs?

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Irrigationnewbie" (Jul 15th 2018, 9:31am)

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Sunday, July 15th 2018, 7:16pm

Go with the I20 heads

Monday, July 16th 2018, 6:47am

Thanks wetboots! That is the way I was leaning, but wanted the confirmation.

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Monday, July 16th 2018, 10:40am

Rotor heads with 3/4-inch connections are going to be more durable. The only popup rotors with 1/2-inch connections that are likely to become commonplace are the MP Rotator types, which would fit your application, given the shorter spray distances you have.

mrfixit

Tuesday, July 17th 2018, 12:05am

I'd put a sprinkler at 2:30 pm of that top arc. I see a brown spot happening there.

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Thursday, July 19th 2018, 10:09pm

I'd put a sprinkler at 2:30 pm of that top arc. I see a brown spot happening there.
Where there is only single coverage from the smaller full circle head? I'd lose that full circle in favor of a half-circle on the border, completing a head-to-head layout on the back border, and maybe alter the half circle next to the "future driveway" into two part circle heads next to each other, with their total arcs making for the same half-circle arc of the replaced head, and with one of the heads having increased distance, to reinforce coverage where the full-circle head was removed.

Monday, July 23rd 2018, 7:50pm

Thanks WetBoots and MrFixIt. I have made adjustments to resolve the dry spot

Rate this thread