You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Sunday, July 15th 2018, 8:21am

Which valve would you use?

I'm installing a new irrigation system for my home and trying to decide on valves. I live in the northeast.

Though I am planning to install a 100 mesh filter, would it make sense to install commercial valves like the Weathermatic 2100. Would they last much longer in the residential setting than the run of the mill Rainbird?

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Sunday, July 15th 2018, 7:12pm

You don't need a 100 mesh filter on city water supplies. As for valves, don't drift too far away from valves you can easily get replacement parts for. All valves will eventually need servicing, so don't make it hard on yourself.

Tuesday, July 17th 2018, 8:19pm

You don't need a 100 mesh filter on city water supplies. As for valves, don't drift too far away from valves you can easily get replacement parts for. All valves will eventually need servicing, so don't make it hard on yourself.

Thanks wet boots. Taking your recommendation into account, I ended up going with the residential grade Hunter 101 pgv, but am going to install union couplings before and after the pump to make for easy change out
https://www.sprinklerwarehouse.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=MS-075IA

https://www.sprinklerwarehouse.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=MS-CPLG