You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

amydean

Starting Member

Saturday, June 30th 2018, 4:01pm

Orbit timer not getting power

I have and orbit timer (model 57899). I was testing the system by running a cycle manually. I hit the clear button to shut it down and the display went blank. It is plugged into an exterior plug that is getting power. I've tried hitting the reset button several times. It doesn't appear to be getting power. Any ideas?

mrfixit

Saturday, June 30th 2018, 5:55pm

Swing the faceplate open and see if the wires on the far left came loose. Should be A/C. Something like that.
--
Ok I just pulled one out of my crap pile. I believe on your model it has a built in transformer and there aren't any wires hooked up to the two terminals on the left.

The thing is with that timer there's a battery back up that should show a display even if you unplug the controller. It slides out of the faceplate there on the top right. If that battery's good and you still have no display then there's a problem.
It could be that there's a problem with the clear button. Maybe it's stuck. Press it a few times.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "mrfixit" (Jun 30th 2018, 6:10pm)

Rate this thread