You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.




Thursday, June 28th 2018, 8:18pm

Starting to fix my old sprinkler system

Just bought a house and looking to fix my sprinklers. I open my irrigation cover and I think I found the valves, but they look like the manual ones. However, there is also an old controller that doesn't work, but it is electric. I see cables from the controller go to the ground. Haven't traced the cable yet, but I don't see any where the valves are. So I'm just asking,what do I currently have and what do I need to get my sprinklers to be working again with an automatic electric controller.




Thursday, June 28th 2018, 8:27pm

Valve cover



Posts: 2,402

Location: USA


Friday, June 29th 2018, 1:29am

I don't know what the heck that thing is. It looks old. I'd imagine it's either abandoned or needs to be replaced.
Is is a pressure regulator? Back flow device? A place to winterize? Boots might know.

You need to find out where those wires go. They lead to your valves. Then you need to get the timer and valves working first before you can attempt to fix the heads in the yard. The water might even be turned off to the system.


Supreme Member

Posts: 5,331

Location: Metro NYC


Friday, June 29th 2018, 5:30am

That is one funky-looking valve box. The contents look to be a double check valve assembly. It should have an ID plate.

Rate this thread