You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

pman

Thursday, May 24th 2018, 9:35pm

Odd lot shape. Need help with sprinkler placement.

This is my lot below.
The yellow lines mark where I want to water.
I can't use rotors because the eastward wind blows the water all over the place.

The bottom half seems easy to place a bunch of 12' radius popup sprinklers.
But the top half, there's a walkway in the corner, and odd dimensions.
The 27' length on the right doesn't perfectly enclose 12' sprinklers.

How would you design the top half of the lawn?

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Friday, May 25th 2018, 6:36am

While constant wind is its own special problem, there might be a way to allow for it, and still employ rotors.

On paper, this is an easy layout of a rotor in each corner. The "double corner" gets two rotors with nozzles of half the size of the other corners, so the precipitation rates match up overall. Judicious use of the radius adjusting screw gives those two heads heavier close-in coverage, again making a watering match.

Rotors in a wind situation need to have low-angle nozzles, so the wind can't carry the water so far. Also, the nozzles should be much larger than normal, giving you a water stream not so easily pushed around. This approach might involve more zones, but low-angle big-nozzle rotors will give you less wind deflection than standard popup sprays.

RichMoney

Saturday, May 26th 2018, 12:01am

I would go with a rotor in every corner, this would be sufficient. Granted it is not 100% head to coverage, but our houses are built with square right angles 30' apart either ? :thumbsup:

rich@sprinklerresource.com

Rate this thread