You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

LarryWalker

Starting Member

Monday, April 23rd 2018, 7:03am

Noisy Anti-Backflow Valve used with booster pump

Hello,

We have very low city water pressure, and I am on a hill. Pressure at the meter is only 25 PSI - less at my house. The town water system is gravity - not pumped - water storage tanks on hills all around us - house pressure depends on the height of the tank vs. the height of the house. We installed a booster pump in the house (top of the hill). It is a 1hp variable speed pump. When it was installed, the original pressure regulator/backflow valve was removed (there was still a backflow valve in the meter at the bottom of the hill). Everything was great until the meter backflow valve failed - the meter would run forward and backward and the pump would run intermittently all the time even with no water usage.

Please help.

I didn't find the right solution from the Internet.

References:-
http://www.antiqueradios.com/forums//viewtopic.php?f=2&t=327892&view=previous

Blockchain app advertising

Thanks

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Monday, April 23rd 2018, 8:10am

Before there were variable speed pumps, the straightforward solution was a booster pump controlled by a pressure switch and a large pressure tank for storage. The ideal pressure switch would have a low-pressure cutoff in the event the city pressure was ever lost. A check valve on the pump input stopped water from flowing backwards through the pump.