You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

kmjrr

Starting Member

Monday, April 30th 2007, 5:25pm

Using Center Strips

I have a corner lot and have had sprinklers spraying over the sidewalk on my 105' side yard. Needless to say it didn't get the job done, so I am going to run a line under the sidewalk. This section is 105' x 4'. I am hesitant to use sidestrips along the street because it can get beat up by the snow plows in the winter and the last six inches of the 4' width slopes toward the street. I was wondering how well center strips work on a section such as this.

Thanks

gregory1420

Advanced Member

Tuesday, May 1st 2007, 4:44pm

i think you might have trouble watering the section right in front of the head with those...

lush96

Advanced Member

Wednesday, May 9th 2007, 8:11pm

easy.........install hunter 4 x 28 side strips along the sidewalk shooting towards the street. they shoot 15 feet to either side of the head and only 4 feet out. good luck.

Jef

Monday, May 21st 2007, 2:30pm

i agree, center strips should work well. Just space heads 15' apart.

Jef

Monday, May 21st 2007, 2:31pm

don't forget the end strips

Rate this thread