You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Saturday, March 31st 2018, 2:16am

Bermad Valves

Good morning.
After about 10-15 years my Rain Birds DVF have stopped to work properly.
My system was made with 11 DVF and one year ago 3 DVF starded to leak.
Contractor refused to open and clean up them, maybe they just need to change the diaphragms.
Anyway they suggest me to change all the 11 control valves with new ones. The suggest me to install BERMAD control valves (S-390 V AC 1.7W), but I have find nothing on the net about this kind of valve, except for the fact that they seem produced by Toro.
What do you think? Do you have experience with this kind of valve?
I do not want to save money, I just want high quality valves that will last long.
Thank you

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Saturday, March 31st 2018, 10:01am

You might look for a repair service that isn't afraid to open up a zone valve. Barring that, you might install Irritrol 2500 series valves. These are from a design in reliable use for over 30 years, from a company (Richdel) now owned by Toro. Richdel designs have proven themselves to be just about eternally repairable. There is an older Richdel valve design still in production today, sold as the Irritrol 205, and today's parts will fit the original valves that are nearly 50 years old.

Saturday, March 31st 2018, 10:37am

You might look for a repair service that isn't afraid to open up a zone valve. Barring that, you might install Irritrol 2500 series valves. These are from a design in reliable use for over 30 years, from a company (Richdel) now owned by Toro. Richdel designs have proven themselves to be just about eternally repairable. There is an older Richdel valve design still in production today, sold as the Irritrol 205, and today's parts will fit the original valves that are nearly 50 years old.
Thank you so much.
My Rain Bird valves are 1.5" inch, 150-PGA Model (and not DVF as told before) they told me it is not easy to find Rain Bird big valves nowadays (!?) and they suggest me to install Bermad or, if I like them, Irritrol S-series. Do you know S-series?
Should I ask for 2500 or 205? Thank you again

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Alexander356" (Mar 31st 2018, 10:56am)

mrfixit

Sunday, April 1st 2018, 3:29am

What are you irrigating?
It sounds like the company you're working with is full of crap.
Are you in the USA?
I wouldn't spend one penny with these guys. That's my 2 cents.
Rainbird valves
I don't know if you need the port on the bottom or not. I prefer Hunter valves.
More valves
Looks like the Hunter PGV has a good price on it if you need to replace the whole valve.