You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Jacko

Unregistered

Wednesday, March 28th 2018, 6:39am

System keeps burning out solenoids.

Hey guys first time posting here. Having a difficult time troubleshooting my system. It runs off of one of the manual timeclocks. Initially I replaced the time clock due to nothing happening when switching on the system. After replacing the time clock and solenoid it worked for about 10 seconds. Then it appeared that the solenoid had burned out. I had an old solenoid lying around,installed it and the same thing it turned on and back off. At this time I can only make the system run by turning the solenoid base from off to on, however there is no function from the timer. I believe there is some electrical issue at play herevery causing the system to function briefly, followed by the solenoid just turning off and no longer working from there. Any expertise is appreciated.

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Wednesday, March 28th 2018, 10:26am

Measure the output voltage of your controller, with nothing connected to the terminals. What make and model of controller do you have?