You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Lars

Sunday, March 11th 2018, 3:48pm

Finding buried heads?

I know this may seem an odd question, but any tricks to finding buried heads/sprinklers?
I have been working on re-starting a 30 plus year old dormant system on my property the past 2 years. just as i think i may have a zone up and going, I discover a wet spot and low and behold I unearth a bubbler/sprinkler. there are a couple area's left that dont have coverage, and in my mind I cant imagaine there is not a sprinkler head to cover that area.
So my question; Any tricks to finding these? Ive measured and mapped on a grid and found 2, dumb luck found 1.
this is an 8 zone system, with between 6 and 13 heads per zone.

emt837046@aol.com

Unregistered

Sunday, March 18th 2018, 9:15am

Use an air compressor to pressurise the zone.

Lars

Friday, March 23rd 2018, 8:59pm

not sure what good using air instead of water would do. I have all 8 zones working, just wonder how best to locate an unknown head/bubbler.

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Saturday, March 24th 2018, 8:26am

Air bubbles make more noise than leaking water, assuming anything at all is escaping from the missing sprinkler head.

Rate this thread