You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

MAtoAZ

Friday, November 10th 2017, 9:41pm

Mainline for drip irrigation repairs

I purchased my home back in may and had little to no trouble with my drip irrigation until about late august. I noticed bubling water coming up from the ground in gravel area of my front yard. I dug it up and turned the drip irriagation back on and I was not very excited to have my own version of old fathful coming out of the main line. I repaired with a pressure coupling and everything was perfect until I started to inspect the rest of my yard and found the same problem in two more spots. I repaired them both and was somewhat proud of myself (Im a first time home owner so irrigation repar is all new to me). Weeks went on with no problem until I found two more areas where the mainline had burst. All the leaks have been in the gravel portion of my yard so it wasnt too bad to repair them. A few days ago I noticed an area of the grass in my front yard was a little flooded and could see water coming up from the ground. I dug it up today and found another crack in the pipe and repaired it. I turned the drip irrigation back on to make sure everything was good and it was until I heard a gurgling sound and saw water coming up about five feet 8 feet down the line. Its all starting to get pretty old and Im trying to figure out what is causing all this. The spots were it has cracked are in a little to no traffic areas. My only guesses are that the line is getting old (house was built in '06) or the water pressure is two high. I have no idea how to check the water pressure or go about how to adjust it. Any insight on what might be the cause and possible solutions?

MAtoAZ

Thursday, November 16th 2017, 7:19pm

:thumbup:

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Tuesday, November 21st 2017, 5:21pm

Check the pressure? Buy a pressure gauge.