You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

grant420

Starting Member

Wednesday, November 1st 2017, 7:24pm

Buzzing Control Valve

The control valve on one zone of my seven zone system buzzes loudly. I initially thought the problem was either bad valve or wiring. Now, I do not believe this is the problem. I have checked the voltage at the solenoid with the valve activated. It measures 26 volts AC. I have replaced the entire valve with a new one and I have swapped wiring with one of the zones that does not buzz. The buzzing persists for the zone in in question. The buzzing is there even when the valve for that zone is physically operated by turning the solenoid (i.e. no voltage applied). The valve is an Irritrol 2400t with flow control. Could one of the sprinkler heads possibly be the problem? There three Hunter PGP heads on this zone.

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Friday, November 3rd 2017, 6:26pm

Solenoids buzz sometimes. Sometimes loudly. It is not a danger.

Rate this thread