You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

yankton

Wednesday, September 6th 2017, 8:06pm

Capping MaxiPaws

Newbie here. Bought my home 4 years ago and just had the house's Rain bird irrigation system fixed. There were several valves that were busted, heads that were damaged, etc. etc. The system includes a variety of different sprinklers, sometimes 2-3 kinds in the same zone. I know that needs to be remedied, so that's why I'm here.

I would like to take a zone that has 3 MaxiPaws and 2 4" popup sprays and eventually convert it to drip. BUT until I can make that transition, I would like to "cap" the 3 MaxiPaws (I use quotes because I'm not sure of the proper naming scheme) or turn them off/remove them so I can convert them to drip later. I would like to use the 2 sprays in the meantime for some shrubs and perennials.

What do I need to do to accomplish this task? Is there a specific tutorial?

Thanks for any help.

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Thursday, September 7th 2017, 10:09am

Nothing specific exists for your task. How you proceed will depend on whether or not you have a system that needs to be winterized every year.

yankton

Thursday, September 7th 2017, 12:31pm

It does not need to be winterized.

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Thursday, September 7th 2017, 1:09pm

No worries then, just cut and cap where you wish. Good luck.

yankton

Thursday, September 7th 2017, 4:28pm

Glad it was that easy. Much appreciated.

Rate this thread