You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

gaturfandlawn

Unregistered

Thursday, August 31st 2017, 8:54am

Wiring a solenoid, but there is only one wire to wire into.

I work on a golf course and the system is not a reliable system. I was replacing a valve and noticed when wiring the solenoid that there is only one controller/hot wire. Has anyone seen this before? Is it fine to wire both wires from the solenoid into the one wire in the ground? Thanks

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Thursday, August 31st 2017, 10:37am

Bring back some photos. What you seem to be involving yourself with might be way above your pay grade.

DNoss87

Friday, September 1st 2017, 12:45am

RE: Wiring a solenoid, but there is only one wire to wire into.

Yes this is a two wire system. Is purpose is to save money on wire.
I work on a golf course and the system is not a reliable system. I was replacing a valve and noticed when wiring the solenoid that there is only one controller/hot wire. Has anyone seen this before? Is it fine to wire both wires from the solenoid into the one wire in the ground? Thanks

mrfixit

Friday, September 1st 2017, 3:25am

The golf course probably uses decoders.

http://www.rainbird.com/documents/golf/man_decoder.pdf

Rate this thread