You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

PaulT

Starting Member

Monday, August 21st 2017, 7:44pm

Hunter Pro-C P err

Hello. I have a Hunter PC Series (Pro-C). It was installed when the house was built in 2013-2014. Once I programmed the stations in spring 2014 I started up the system. It has worked fine till about a month ago. (July 2017) It runs early in the morning (2:00 am) so I never see it run. I noticed one day my grass was getting brown (Texas) so I tried to water a station manually and received a "P err" immediately. This was the same on all stations.

These are the things I have tried to remedy it.
1. Tested all solenoids by manually turning them "On" and the sprinlkers for each station run.
2. Tested all the solenoids by wiring directly with a seperate wire to the controller and each one runs.
3. Replaced the AC transformer thinking that might be the problem. The explanation follows on what I received.

After I installed the transformer I turned the power on and tried to manually run station 8. (Last station) It started running and I thought it was fixed so I went to station 1 and started it manually. It ran for about 2-3 minutes and then shut off displaying the "P err". I tried station 8 again and it started running. I went back to station 2 this time and it ran 2-3 minutes and then the "P err". Next I tried running the whole system by manually starting it by holding down the right arrow. It first displayed a "1" but then skipped to station 5. It ran for 2-3 minutes and then stopped displaying a "1 err". Manually running station 5 it came up with a "P err". I tried station 6 and it ran 2-3 minutes and went off and displayed "P err".

Between my son and I we have spent about two days looking at videos and trying things to fix it. Seems like it should be something simple but what are we missing?

Please, any help appreciated. Next step if no answer is to call the pros.

Thanks!

mrfixit

Monday, August 21st 2017, 8:00pm

Do you have a master valve or pump?
Here's a cut n paste from the manual. Page 42

The display reads “P ERR”. There is a fault in the pump start,
master valve, or the wiring for the
pump start/master valve.
Check the master valve or pump start
wire for continuity. Replace or repair
the shorted wire. Check that all wire
connections are good and watertight