You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

ericrife

Sunday, July 9th 2017, 4:41pm

Low pressure in one zone

I had a sprinkler system installed last year. It has 6 zones. The 5th zone has low water pressure.

I have done the following things:
Swapped Solenoid with known good valve - Known good valve still worked perfectly
Swapped diaphragm with known good valve - Known good valve still worked perfectly

The valves are Irritrol 2400T w/o flow
There are no areas of the yard that are extremely wet, or seem flooded.

When the zone is activated, it is not able to lift the heads and therefore just dribbles water. If I loosen the solenoid, the heads pop right up and work fine but they wont shut off when the timer is done. If I loosen the bleeder valve, the heads works fine, but water is leaking in the control box. I did notice that when I remove the solenoid the water pressure is extremely low compared to the valve beside it (see pictures).

I would appreciate any assistance that could be provided. I don't believe that I have a leak in the main pipe, as my yard is not soaking in any specific location. Also, Zone 6 (further distance from control box) is working fine.

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Sunday, July 9th 2017, 4:57pm

What you did not exchange with a known good valve was the metal tube in the body of the problem valve. Remove it and clean it, and flush out any dirt remaining in the valve body. Then replace the tube and reassemble the valve.

ericrife

Monday, July 10th 2017, 3:51pm

Didnt know you could remove that stem from the valve. Will try that and see what I get.

Thanks

Rate this thread