You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

DavidG

Thursday, June 15th 2006, 2:01pm

What size valves should I use?

I have pulled 3/4 inch POLY pipe for my sprinkler system and 1 inch PVC pipe for my main line. The main line will be fed by by a 3/4 inch PVC line from my well pump.Should I use 3/4 inch or 1 inch valves?

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Thursday, June 15th 2006, 4:28pm

Sight unseen, go with one inch valves with flow controls (so you can throttle down the valves, if need be)

DavidG

Friday, June 16th 2006, 2:55am

Thanks for the reply Wet Boots. Any suggestions for brand and type of valves. I was going to use Rain Bird angle valves. David

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Friday, June 16th 2006, 2:15pm

Angle valves are a bit uncommon. I'd use globe valves, for ease of future replacement. Local inventory can make your choice for you. Look at Irritrol 2500TF or Rainbird 100DVF valves, for a starter.

Rate this thread