You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Mik8881

Wednesday, May 31st 2017, 6:10pm

Intermatic timer r8806p101c turns on earlier and earlier why??

My timer is set to come on everyday for 24 minutes w/ 3 zones. My problem is the timer is kicking on earlier and earlier day after day . It's set for 4am and will come on at 4am the first day then about 2am the next and about 12 the next . So on and so on .

The silver pin is in at the 12am mark and gold pins set for my 3 zones. What's going on ? Why is the timer coming on earlier as each day goes by ?

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Mik8881" (May 31st 2017, 6:16pm)

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Wednesday, May 31st 2017, 8:23pm

You can buy a new controller with the same case, for less than a hundred bucks, if you search the popular auction website. Just make sure you select a model meant to run on 220 volts.

Mik8881

Thursday, June 1st 2017, 7:03am

You can buy a new controller with the same case, for less than a hundred bucks, if you search the popular auction website. Just make sure you select a model meant to run on 220 volts.

The timer is brand new.

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Thursday, June 1st 2017, 9:28am

So return it for a refund. The only reason a controller run by a synchronous motor fails to keep time, is that the motor is of the wrong frequency. Much of our planet runs on 220 volts and 50 Hz. The difference between 50 Hz and 60 Hz is probably where the problem is.

Rate this thread