You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

bigcarm40

Starting Member

Sunday, May 28th 2017, 2:42pm

Rain Bird JTV-100 Bleed Screw stripped

I'm using a set of Rain Bird JTV-100 (I100JTV) valves in my system. One of the bleed screws is stripped to the point that it will not tighten in the valve. I have confirmed that it is not the valve, but the screw itself. Teflon tape has not helped. Are these sold anywhere? I can barely find the valves themselves, but these screws seem nonexistent. If I have to, I will just buy a new valve and steal the screw from it. If they are unavailable, would the screw for any other RB valves work?

Thanks.

mrfixit

Sunday, May 28th 2017, 3:30pm

I've seen that particular bleeder screw strip a few times. You have to be careful to not over tighten it.
The solenoid also has a problem with the o-ring breaking if you turn the valve on that way, then it leaks.
So I try to use the bleeder screw on the Rainbird valves with that type of solenoid.
Any who. Here's a part number. They say out of stock but it gives you a starting point. Maybe go down to the local irrigation supply store with the part number.
210331 < click on that.