You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Adam500

Unregistered

Monday, May 15th 2017, 12:31pm

Irrigation Valve Box keeps flooding

Hello,

I have an irrigation valve box that keeps flooding even without water turned on.

The soil is rocky / clay soil (Central TN). The irrigation system is poly pipe (drip line). Typically after rain or the system runs the valve box is flooded. I have done a few test to ensure that none of the valve connections in the box are leaking.

Below is a video of the issue. This is me vacuuming out the water that was in the box (water has been off for 24 hours with no sprinklers running or rain). It takes about 15 minutes to fill the entire valve box up. Ideas on why this may be happening?

https://youtu.be/ggusSqLrI-s

Any suggestions?

mrfixit

Monday, May 15th 2017, 12:44pm

Seeing your valve box reminds me why i don't say "I've seen everything" anymore. People can be very creative.
It's time to get out your shovel. The problem's under the ground. I don't know if you had one of the zones on or not.
If no zone was on then it's the mainline. Be careful with the shovel so you don't cut those lines.

adam500

Starting Member

Monday, May 15th 2017, 12:55pm

haha yeah. There was no power there so I had to use a battery powered timer :).

With that I can say that the main line and zones were turned off for 24 hours when this video was recorded. That is why I am stumped.

Rate this thread