You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

BEEE3070

Unregistered

Tuesday, May 9th 2017, 1:48pm

Loss of pressure

When zones 8 and 9 come on the pressure on the well pump goes from around 50 - 60 to about 10. This is not enough pressure to make all the heads come up and the ones that do the water pressure is low. Any idea what would cause only 2 zones to loose so much pressure?

Thursday, May 11th 2017, 11:50am

low pressure

I too am having a low pressure issue so i cannot help now. but i am curious what type of a measuring instrument do i need to measure the pressure?

josephg09

Unregistered

Sunday, July 2nd 2017, 4:29pm

Loss of pressure in a zone

This morning I realized that the sprinklers in zone 3 were not popping as usual and water was just overflowing the top.
In the afternoon. I went to the zone 3 valve and heard a buzzing sound at the valve. When zone 4 came on, there was no buzzing sound on zone 4 and the buzzing at zone 3 valve had stopped once zone 4 came on.

I later tried to diagnose the problem, by:

1) running the zones one by one from the controller. No water came out of zone 3 sprinklers (i.e. none... in the morning sprinklers were partially popping up and water tricking). All other zones came on as usual.
2) I then tried to turn on the zone 3 manually by turning the solenoid valve for the zone (1/2 turn counter clockwise), I can hear the water coming through the valve, but no water at the sprinklers in the zone.

The diaphragm seems to be OK too. What should I do next?

Help!!

Jo