You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

garymkrieg

Starting Member

Thursday, May 4th 2017, 11:59am

Drip System Has Sprung Leaks

All of a sudden my 5/8 plastic pipe, buried in the ground, has decided to start leaking in several places. My current problem is how to I extract leaking tubing from the push together fittings. I have a leaking pipe coming out of the regulator, but the leak is very close to the push on fitting at the outlet of the regulator. So how does one remove the tubing from these fittings?

Gary

mrfixit

Thursday, May 4th 2017, 9:00pm

With a lot of effort you can pull the tube out but you're better off using new fittings. I use a pair of channellocks to pull the tube out when I have to. Pull and rock it back n forth.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "mrfixit" (May 4th 2017, 9:06pm)

Rate this thread