You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Elfman

Unregistered

Friday, December 23rd 2016, 1:28am

Hunter X-Core system - 1 of 3 stations not working / no water being pumped?

Hi all,

I have a Hunter X-Core irrigation controller set up to 3 zones at my house. The system has worked like a charm but i noticed that the backyard which has 2 sprinklers in the zone (zone 3) started dying.

I decided to start zone 3 manually to troubleshoot the problem - All looks well on the control panel, saying that zone 3 is running and the timer is counting down - however, no water is being discharged and my main water pump is not showing any reading. The two other zones work fine and the main water pump is ticking a long nicely during their operation.

I haven't done any maintenance to the system other than replacing two faulty pop up sprinklers in a different zone.

I don't think there is a blockage in the zone to Zone 3 but i'd be happy to hear what people think might be wrong? Does these systems have individual pumps for each zone or do they just go off one pump?

Thanks in advance!

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Wednesday, December 28th 2016, 11:04am

your words "no water being pumped?" are somewhat confusing - is water being pumped or not - you should be able to confirm this - if for some reason you cannot confirm this, you are revealing a plumbing flaw that prevents you from making an accurate evaluation of system operation

SunCoLawns

Advanced Member

Thursday, December 29th 2016, 12:00pm

Sounds like you have a valve not working. A wiring issue, bad solenoid, or bad diaphragm are most likely culprits.

Rate this thread