You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

docweathers

Starting Member

Sunday, July 31st 2016, 7:26pm

One inline valve not working

I have a Manifold that has six in-line valves. Five of them work just fine. The 6th will not open.
Since the nonworking valve is wired to two separate controller circuit so it should open twice. Neither circuit will open it. To me, this puts the suspicion on the valve rather than the controller

The manual says that I can turn the solenoid a quarter of a turn to the left and that should manually open the valve. I've tried this on all six valves and none of them open manually. I was hoping that manually turning on the valves would help me identify which valve that is not working. My valves are identical to the one shown as an example of an in-line valve In the manual "Troubleshooting
and Maintenance Guide for
Residential Automatic Valves" At http://www.rainbird.com/documents/diy/ma…Maintenance.pdf
The system has been in place about 25 years and has been very trouble-free until now

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "mrfixit" (Aug 1st 2016, 1:42am)

mrfixit

Monday, August 1st 2016, 1:43am

I fixed your link.

You didn't turn the solenoids far enough. Keep turning it until it comes on. Could be 3/4 of a turn.

Did you try opening the bleeder screw there on top of the valve? You can do that instead of turning the solenoid.

Are the wires color coordinated?

Rate this thread