You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Belljetranger

Starting Member

Thursday, July 28th 2016, 7:12pm

Imperial 1"Brass Valve Solenoids

Does ANYONE have a solution, other than rebuilding the entire valve manifold for finding solenoids for these outdated valves? They have faithfully worked since 1994 but each solenoid is starting to fail and sending error faults to the brand new Hunter controller. I am pretty experienced at this game but I cannot seem to find and easy solution of simply pulling off the solenoid and replacing it. Thoughts???

Overheated in Salt Lake City......

hi.todd

Supreme Member

Thursday, July 28th 2016, 8:35pm

I will open it up.
The New controller is having an issue with the ground on the older brass valves.

You will Probably need to find a controller that is not so sensitive that it will create error messages from the Grounding.

I am sure that others can help with controller models that won't trip a false error.

The Valves may not be failing if the only indication is an error at the controller.

What was the older controller make and model?

That is what is happening.

Good Luck
:thumbup: :thumbsup:
LI0006121, BPAT0011021, CI0009500

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Thursday, July 28th 2016, 8:39pm

It is not the solenoids failing. It is a solid state controller mis-identifying the high current draw as a short circuit.

You need a bank of relays and a separate 24 VAC transformer to power those valves, in order to have zero issues with the controller.

One 24VAC relay for each zone, plus one for a master valve. Controller switches the relays, relays switch the solenoids. At no time is there any actual electrical connection between the valves and the controller, because the relays isolate them from each other.

Rate this thread