You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Atomakis

Thursday, July 21st 2016, 1:03pm

Odd problem with Hunter x core controller

Hello to all. I am so happy to find you and I hope that my problem with your help will disappear.

Well, I have a hunter x core in my back yard with 3 pumps to water my lawn. My problem is that the controller shuts down without an obvious reason. The ac tranformer is checked, it has 25.5 V and the little round battery is new but the display and controller shuts down after a while. When it has no display I have to push the reset button on the right and it powers up. I have to reprogram the time and everything seems right. After some time, it depends how long, an hour or two it shuts down and I have to push the reset button on the side and reprogram the time. If the controller is on when I set it to water it functions without a problem.

What is the problem?? Why can't be stay power on? ?(

SunCoLawns

Advanced Member

Thursday, July 21st 2016, 4:55pm

Try disconnecting all the wires but the power wires and see if that makes a difference. If it does, hook back the wires one at a time until you find the culprit.

Atomakis

Friday, July 22nd 2016, 3:51am

Ok I will do this. Thank you!!

Atomakis

Friday, July 22nd 2016, 1:17pm

I did that but it shuts down after a while. It's the controllers fault? Do I need to replace it?

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Friday, July 22nd 2016, 2:19pm

You might have a solenoid that shorts out after a few minutes of operation, and the only way to properly test for one is with a meter reading AC current.

Atomakis

Friday, July 22nd 2016, 6:26pm

And how am I going to do that? Can you guide me through?

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Friday, July 22nd 2016, 8:33pm

by the time you kick this around, you might just as easily replace the controller

if you have the tools to electrically evaluate the system, and it all checks okay, one thing is left

Atomakis

Saturday, July 23rd 2016, 7:15am

Ok then I must face the fact that I have to replace it. Can you recommend me a similar like this around the 50 euros range? I can find this exact model in my country for about 100 euros.

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Saturday, July 23rd 2016, 8:11am

How many zones are in the system?

Atomakis

Saturday, July 23rd 2016, 9:24am

There are 3, I have this 4 pump model. I don't have any sensors etc so it isn't necassery to buy from the same company. I am open to suggestions.

http://www.sprinklersupplies4less.com/images/products/hunter-xcore-controllers/hunter/controllers--timers/017.JPG

Rate this thread