You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

pjman

Wednesday, July 20th 2016, 10:58am

HELP

We just installed a pool and during that process 2 zones in our back yard sprinkler system were basically ripped up. We hired the people the pool company recommended to fix our sprinkler system. We are new to the area and did not know anyone so this seemed like a good solution. Anyway now our front yard sprinklers do not come on at all. I have manually gone through the zones and everything that is zoned for a time comes on in the back yard somewhere. (Everything in the backyard works) I have called them, but they are two hours away and I don't see them coming back out. They are telling me that our yard was struck by lightening and now the solenoids are bad. There are 2 zones out front, neither of them work. I went and manually turned the solenoid and the sprinklers in one of the zones came on, I am not sure how to turn on the other side of the front yard. I am not a sprinkler person by any means. I am hoping there is a simple thing I can go turn on, move a wire to a zone on the box in the garage or something to fix this for FREE without calling out this company again and being charged a million dollars to fix something that I am hoping is something they just removed and did not put back. They even told me "Sorry about your lightening strike." I would believe this if it is was one zone and I saw any form of a lighting strike in our yard. Any ideas?

SunCoLawns

Advanced Member

Wednesday, July 20th 2016, 12:27pm

Well, if you manually turned the solenoid and the zone came on, it's probably either a wire issue or a solenoid. If you have a multimeter you could test resistance at the controller or voltage at the valve. It's possible the wire controlling the front went around back and was cut when the pool was put in.

pjman

Wednesday, July 20th 2016, 2:12pm

The front did work when the landscapers came out to check to see how much work they were going to have to do to repair what the pool people ripped out and give us a quote. Both of the front zones worked then from the rain bird box. One of the front zones works from turning the solenoid this morning, but I am not sure where the other solenoid is for the other side. I can not find anything. Funny right now on the rain bird box I have zone 3 and zone 8 water the same area, and he put some wire in the ground to run from the solenoid in the back yard to the front. Zone 3 used to water the front yard on one half of it. So I am thinking they undid something in the rain bird box and then did not put it back so that it would water the right areas.

Rate this thread