You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Friday, July 15th 2016, 9:58am

Cancelling a 2nd Schedule A program

I think I mistakenly added a 2nd Programmed time to the A Schedule. We had unplugged the Richdel 500 PR Series box from it's power source (no battery backup). When I plugged it back in I checked to see if the A schedule was still set at 2am. It was but overnight we used almost exactly double the water as normal. I think there is a 2nd A Schedule set for 2am as well and when the 1st one completed it's cycle the 2nd one started and ran through it's cycle (doubling the water used). I cannot find in the manual (book or online) how to cancel this 2nd schedule for Program A.
Thank you in advance for your assistance.

Friday, July 15th 2016, 10:24am

already have that

If the link is an answer to my question; I have that manual and it does not answer my question. Thank you.

mrfixit

Friday, July 15th 2016, 11:16am

It's right there on page 9 of the manual that Fire posted.
I doubt there's a second start time programmed if you reset the controller. Maybe you have a leak.
If you find a second start time I believe if you change the time to midnight it will turn off.
If you can't turn it off then it's time for a new controller. The one you have is very old.

Friday, July 15th 2016, 11:36am

I will try that

Yes, I read that on page 9 as well. I wish they would have a "whoops, how do I undo that" section as this one tells only how to set it. I will try the midnight trick. Not sure why that would work though. I keep a pretty close eye on my meter for leaks and I have not seen any. Starting 2nd year on a meter in N CA and have learned to keep on eye on things. yeah, the meter is old, just like my thermostat but it works. At least until your wife pulls the plug. Thanks again.

mrfixit

Friday, July 15th 2016, 3:06pm

If you have a broken pipe or broke off sprinkler that floods while the sprinklers are running you can easily use lots of extra water.

Friday, July 15th 2016, 3:26pm

leaks

That is possible but I think a leak that large would show up both on the little wheel inside the meter that moves when a leak is active but I also don't have any wet spots or hear any gurgling when we have tested the system. There was a soaker hose that had a hole in it that we discovered but I don't think it spewed 900 gallons in the 8 minute cycle it was on. I will try the midnight trick and check the meter that night and the following morning. Thanks for your help and advice.

mrfixit

Friday, July 15th 2016, 8:00pm

Come to think of it I don't think midnight will work on that timer. Just set it to 00:00. Or off. Heck I can't remember. It's easy when I'm standing in front of it.