You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Danielleusf

Starting Member

Friday, July 8th 2016, 3:53pm

PR OFF on sprinkler system

I am trying to fix my outdoor sprinkler system. I have replaced the fuse, replaced the battery, and replaced the transformer. I have also plugged other items into the outlet being used to ensure the outlet itself is getting power and it is. Looking at the wiring it appears to connected properly. I'm out of ideas. Each time I replaced something the power would come on for a bit and then as soon as I made changes to the programming the system either wouldn't start or I would get the PR OFF message again. I have also tried disconnecting everything for several minutes and then plugging everything back in. Still no success. What is the next trouble shooting step?

hi.todd

Supreme Member

Friday, July 8th 2016, 7:03pm

OK
We don't know what model of clock you have. But, It sounds like the Rainbird ESP.
It could be that every time you get to a zone, station, valve on the timer with a bad solenoid it blows your fuse. If you have a master zone, that could have a bad solenoid and cause you to trip the fuse.

That's my guess with out connecting a multi-meter.

The key is finding out which zone is blowing the fuse. This is much easier with the multi-meter.

This is my contribution, good luck.

If this sounds like the issue, you will have to identify the valve in the field and replace the solenoid.
:thumbup: :thumbsup:
LI0006121, BPAT0011021, CI0009500

Rate this thread