You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

goblue97

Starting Member

Thursday, June 23rd 2016, 1:45pm

How do you wire one valve that needs to be open for multiple donwstream valves

Help! I have a 15 zone system and the main manifold started to leak. My sprinkler contractor didn't mark the wiring and was not the person that installed the system. He now can't figure out the wiring. It seems that i have several valves that feed different valve boxes controlling multiple zones each on their own valve. The situation is valve A needs to be open to feed a box that has valves B, C & D. B, C and D being zones on my controller. So for zone B to run, valve A and B need to be on. For zone C to run, valve A and C must be open. For zone D to run valve A and D need to be open. Valve A is not a master valve for the entire system, it is only for valves B, C & D. I have other valves that control other groups of zones in a similar fashion. If I pig tail Valve A to each control wire for B, C & D, voltage bleeds across all three and all three zones run at the same time when any zone turns on at the controller. I am using a Rainmachine controller and it does to have any master valve functionality.

How do I wire A, B, C & D so that a comes on when a signal goes to each of B, C & D. Any ideas welcome!

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Thursday, June 23rd 2016, 4:34pm

All you need is one master valve for the whole shebang. Place it upstream of everything else. Your current "master valves" can be gimmicked to be always open. Job done.

Rate this thread