You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Sunday, June 19th 2016, 6:41pm

Hunter SRV valves won't turn off

I've just reactivated my sprinkler system after 5 years of dormancy, and I'm having some issues with my zones not turning off. I have a four zone system with Hunter SRV valves and a newly installed Hunter X-Core controller. When I initially started up the system, I "manually" turned on one zone at a time from the controller, but once each zone came on, it would not shut down. The only way that I was able to shut down the system was by closing the water supply valve. In troubleshooting the problem, I've taken apart the SRV valves and inspected the diaphragms, flushed the valves of air and debris and inspected the solenoids. (all the diaphragms were intact, all solenoids work and the valve seats look fine) Once I put the valves back together, I was able to open the water supply valve without any zones coming on. After that I went back to the control panel and manually opened zone one. Same as before, I haven't been able to get it to shut down, even by manually closing with the solenoid. In addition, now only one of the three rotary sprinkler heads in that zone is working properly. The other two don't pop up, but they do create puddles of water. :cursing:

What could be the problem with the SRV valves?

Why are the two of the three rotary heads now not functioning? - They were when the system was first started up.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!! 8)

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "pmyr1200c" (Jun 19th 2016, 8:34pm)