You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

bassadict69

Sunday, June 19th 2016, 8:39am

Help me formulate a gameplan...

First of all, I am in the process of reading the tutorial and my head is spinning even though it seems like it all should be so simple!

First, I am planning a DYI install on my large backyard which is around 3/4 acre by itself. I have a 2hp centrifugal pump pulling from a lake and pumping through a 1 1/2" discharge. PSI at my discharge is 48-50 psi and using the bucket test appears to be 23 gpm.

Should I stick with 1 1/2" throughout the system and zones? 1 inch? As far as cost, not concerned with that as long as I get the proper water flow to each zone.

I would love to stick with gear driven heads because I hate listening to several ratchet type all working at once. How many heads can I expect to run on each zone?

Is there any other information needed here? There is a slight elevation increase from the pump to the house...is that needed here?

bassadict69

Sunday, June 19th 2016, 8:54am

Another question upon reading further...I had originally planned on one or two valve boxes being buried down by the lake and all the zones coming from there. Am I better off putting each valve in a seperate box closer to the beginning of each zone?

I am really having trouble figuring out this part...in case it helps, here is my Rainbird design.

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Sunday, June 19th 2016, 1:15pm

there is no value to be had by not keeping the zone valves together, in a single valve box

bassadict69

Sunday, April 9th 2017, 4:07pm

1" lines throughout each zone, or keep it at 1 1/2" throughout?