You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

ranran1978

Starting Member

Thursday, May 26th 2016, 7:53pm

Unknown Problem

OK I am going to try and explain this the best I can:
I have a zone that is like a "T" on the left side of the "T" is 3 rotors, on the right side of the "T" is 2 rotors.
When I turn the zone on the 5 rotors barely come up. If I go pull two heads up by hand then all of a sudden I have pressure in all of them and they will work normal.
If I cut off the right side off with left side on of the "T" and just have the left side working the three come up just fine.
If I cut off the left side off with right side on of the "T" and just have the right side working the two come up just fine.
But when I turn the whole zone on they don't come up all the way.
There is no leaks, no blockages, and I changed the valve.
PLEASE HELP I AM VERY FRUSTRATED :cursing:
Thank You!

mrfixit

Thursday, May 26th 2016, 11:58pm

There could be a few issues.

The seals of the rotors might be worn out and it's time to replace the heads.

Maybe valve isn't coming on all the way. Try opening the bleeder screw and see if they pop up.

Make sure the flow control isn't turned down too far. I doubt that's it.

There could be a break in the pipe somewhere so there isn't enough pressure to pop up the heads.

Could be the shut off valve to the manifold isn't open all the way.

The most likely is the seals are worn out.

Rate this thread