You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

yanki01

Tuesday, May 10th 2016, 9:25am

hunter pro-c wiring?

the system came with the house when we bought it. all stations ran fine last spring/summer and fall. I turned it off during the winter and was testing it out the other day. only 2 (#1 & 3 stations) out of the 5 stations (i swore it was 6 stations) only turn on. I've found 3 valve boxes and am able to manually turn on station 2 by turning the solenoid. I've yet to find the other valve boxes. this is what the back of my hunter pro-c looks like. not sure why some wires are not connected. there's 2 white wires and 5 red wires. All wires are pretty tight and need to dig where they go into the ground to see if there's some slack i can pull up or have to solder new wires to get more slack. when i was messing with them, the bottom white came out. I did check each station with a voltmeter and all show to be ok, ranging from 25-29 volts ac. i did not check the continuity, i can do that later tonight. thanks for any help.

mrfixit

Wednesday, May 11th 2016, 12:14am

Obviously that number 4 wire used to be hooked up. Hook it back up and see. Hook up that other white wire and see what happens.

yanki01

Wednesday, May 11th 2016, 9:35am

Obviously that number 4 wire used to be hooked up. Hook it back up and see. Hook up that other white wire and see what happens.

thanks. I'm not even sure where that white wire was connected or if it ever was?

SunCoLawns

Advanced Member

Thursday, May 12th 2016, 4:25pm

Most likely,the white wire would have been connected to the COM port.

yanki01

Thursday, May 12th 2016, 7:45pm

both white wires connected to the COM port??

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Saturday, May 14th 2016, 6:39am

both white wires connected to the COM port??
Sure. This is surprising? The white wires are not likely leading to the same location, and you prefer to not have unnecessary splices out in the field.

yanki01

Saturday, May 14th 2016, 2:28pm

yeah I have no clue where the 2nd wire is coming from?

yanki01

Saturday, May 14th 2016, 8:22pm

any reason to have 2 separate COM wires? the 1, 2 and 3 stations run from the front, side and back. 4 and 5 run on the other side of the house.

mrfixit

Saturday, May 14th 2016, 11:36pm

This seems to be way over your head. Maybe it's time to call a sprinkler guy.

Rate this thread