You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

kevin79

Tuesday, May 3rd 2016, 7:02am

Problem with a zone

I started my spinkler system last month and it all works, except one zone only works intermittently. When my system runs automatically from the timer, one of my zones don't work. If I run it in a pseudo manual way, it works. When I say pseudo manual, I set my timer to run each zone for 5 minutes. Since it works that way, I don't think it is the controller or the valve. Does anyone have any ideas?

kevin79

Thursday, May 5th 2016, 6:26am

Anyone?

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Thursday, May 5th 2016, 8:47am

Set the controller to open the valve manually, and let it run for longer than five minutes, and see what happens. You may have a faulty wire connection.

kevin79

Tuesday, May 24th 2016, 7:37am

Update: It just started working on its own. I wonder if the valve is going and it wouldn't open on the mornings that it was cold out.

mrfixit

Wednesday, May 25th 2016, 3:49am

I'd say it's either a wiring issue where there's a loose connection making intermittent contact or there's something wrong with the valve.

There's a good chance it's the valve. Once a valve starts sticking like that, one of these days it's going to stick on and not shut off.

I don't know which valve you have but go out there and turn it on manually and listen to it. Does it squeal or complain that it doesn't want to come on or take a while to come on? If it does i'd repair or replace it.

Check all the wiring connections. Maybe even redo them. Check the connection at the timer as well.

kevin79

Wednesday, May 25th 2016, 7:15am

I'd say it's either a wiring issue where there's a loose connection making intermittent contact or there's something wrong with the valve.

There's a good chance it's the valve. Once a valve starts sticking like that, one of these days it's going to stick on and not shut off.

I don't know which valve you have but go out there and turn it on manually and listen to it. Does it squeal or complain that it doesn't want to come on or take a while to come on? If it does i'd repair or replace it.

Check all the wiring connections. Maybe even redo them. Check the connection at the timer as well.
It will take me a while to find that valve. From what I can tell, the people who installed it buried the valves and didn't put them in a box.

Rate this thread