You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

LTrain

Unregistered

Saturday, April 30th 2016, 4:14pm

Toro Electric to Hydraulic Converter

Hello all. I have a hydraulic system with a toro controller that was not able to be repaired. I have purchased the Toro EHC-01-04 4 Zone Electric-to-Hydraulic Converter and installed it. Used manually, it works fine. However the

electronic timer i also bought jacks the system all up. only two of the four zones work and the system wont turn off the last
zone when the time ends. If it helps the converter has a black with and a blue wire coming out of each of the four
converters. I tied all the blue ones to fit the common wire port and each of the black wires went into zone 1-4.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Sunday, May 1st 2016, 10:40am

This seems to be more of an issue with the controller you bought, unless you connected the tubing incorrectly, or got dirt into it.

Tell us about the controller. Make and model.

LTrain

Unregistered

Sunday, May 1st 2016, 12:07pm

Orbit Easy Dial Sprinkler Timer. And right now I just realized it says "indoor timer". When the timer cycles through the stations i can hear the actuators click on each station of the converter. Each station on the converter has two wires - one black one blue. and the timer has one slot for each station on one slot for the common wire. i have to many wires. So i ties all the blues together for the common wire. did i mess up the wiring? Should I get a better timer?

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Sunday, May 1st 2016, 4:19pm

If you can operate the controller in manual mode, and turn on each zone, but have it somehow fail to work in automatic mode, then it isn't the actuators that are the problem.

Rate this thread