You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

lixoten

Starting Member

Thursday, April 28th 2016, 10:41am

Thoughts On Constant Pressure Regulator and Filter - Cheap Route or Bad Idea?

In Los Angeles, So it is DRY here....I did away with all the lawn in my front and back yard. I have 2 Trees, 1 palm, 4 big Oleanders, boxwood hedge and alot of cacti.
My old Prinkler system has 8 Zones. So to place a filter and pressure regulator after each Zone Valve can get costly....even with cheap filters, regulators, and a ton of fittings.
So I am wondering what the thoughts are on putting a HEAVY Duty Filter and Heavy duty Pressure Regulator before all the zones/Valves.

The Pressure Regulating Limit Valve by senninger is about $25
and a heavy duty Filter by dripwork is about $30..http://www.dripworks.com/product/Q_FAM

This all would be upstream the valves/zones.

Thoughts?

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "lixoten" (Apr 29th 2016, 2:10pm)

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Wednesday, May 4th 2016, 4:36pm

If you trust the devices to work and withstand the conditions, then you should go ahead with it.

Rate this thread