You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

kevin79

Friday, March 18th 2016, 6:27am

Drip irrigation for garden

I am going to put in a new garden this year in an area that already has popup sprinklers. The garden will take over all of the existing zone and I would like to put in drip irrigation for it. How do I go about converting me existing zone to drip? Is there something that I can replace an existing head with? What is the best/easiest way to cap the heads so that they don't run?

kevin79

Wednesday, March 23rd 2016, 6:30am

Anyone?

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Wednesday, March 23rd 2016, 9:26am

Anyone?
Shhhhhh, we're hibernating. :D

Rainbird makes the 1800-RETRO kitthat can replace a standard popup spray head and provide filtered pressure-regulated water for your drip application. If turning down the throttle screws on remaining popup sprays doesn't work for you, there are blank caps to be had, and even a non-brand-specific plug assembly

If the zone you are converting has rotor heads, the unused heads have to be removed and replaced with threaded caps or plugs, which of course is a remedy for popup sprayheads as well.

Rate this thread