You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

jonjmills

Unregistered

Friday, February 12th 2016, 5:32pm

New Valve Issue

I have a new rainbird 1" valve with flow control that does not want to work for some reason. I have replaced the innards with a valve next to it that works including the solenoid but still no go. I can feel the solenoid turning on but i get 0 water to the zone.

If open the bleeder valve it will open up and allow flow. If I turn the solenoid manually, it will open and allow flow. As soon as i close both back off the flow stops.

Is it possible to have a bad valve housing some how?

mrfixit

Friday, February 12th 2016, 8:08pm

There might be something clogging the port in the valve body that's directly below the solenoid. Take it back apart and look. Run some wire through there.

jonjmills

Unregistered

Saturday, February 13th 2016, 11:51am

There might be something clogging the port in the valve body that's directly below the solenoid. Take it back apart and look. Run some wire through there.
Good call, that was exactly the issue. Poked a wire hanger that fit through the little hole and felt it open back up. Not sure if it was some dirt or just not drilled all the way but the zone is working perfect now. Thanks for help!

Rate this thread