You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

aerodan1

Sunday, November 15th 2015, 7:18pm

PVB winter removal

Hi,
I had the plumber connect copper unions when installing the backflow; I couldn't remove the PVB today however. I was able to loosen the union nuts on both sides and was able to disconnect on the outlet side but couldn't disconnect on the inlet side. I tried putting a block against the underside of the PVB and hammering to loosen but didn't work. Anyone ever run into this? Thanks
Dan

SunCoLawns

Advanced Member

Monday, November 16th 2015, 7:34am

Why bother taking it out? If it is properly drained it will be fine over the winter.

aerodan1

Monday, November 16th 2015, 1:24pm

I know it's not necessary with a properly drained system...that said it has unions just for this purpose. Also if I needed to take it out for some reason it would be good to know that I can remove it.
Why bother taking it out? If it is properly drained it will be fine over the winter.